You’re already in Vancouver or about to go.
And you want to know what the best dating apps are in Vancouver.
Because that’s exactly what you’re about to go get.
And you also get:
- A quick breakdown of the ‘Hollywood of the North’
- The #1 Way to get 99+ Likes on Tinder in an hour
- The Vancouver dating app that’s best for YOU
- Dating do’s and don’ts to make a good first impression in Van
- Lots of amazing date ideas that make her want to see you again
Important: Quickly letting you know I found the best opener EVER. Its psychologically irresistible to ignore. I made a video explaining how to use it and it's 'clickbait-principle' with screenshot examples. Check it out here.
Best dating apps in Vancouver
You know it.
You’ve probably used it.
The ultimate dating app… Tinder!
This dating app always seems to rise to the top in every country for the world.
And for good reason.
But it may not be the best dating app for Vancouver (more on that soon).
You can build a profile and start swiping in 2 minutes.
And if you have a solid profile, you can get 99+ likes in an hour.
Check out the next article to find out how:
So Tinder is pretty darn good. Especially if you’re in a highly populated area like Vancouver.
- Highly popular. You’ll rarely run out of profiles to swipe
- Attracts a hugely diverse audience. Whatever your type, Tinder’s got it
- Stupidly easy to use
- Good for both relationships and one night stands
- Daily free Super Like
- You have no way to filter women out of your profile stack besides gender, distance and age. Which means finding the right person can take a while, unless you go premium and you can see who likes you.
- You can’t send voice messages. Which are an incredibly powerful way to build attraction
By the way, check out this article on how to maximize your super likes and get better matches.
Onto best Vancouver app número dos.
Another dating app staple.
Bumble tends to do incredibly well in the Western parts of the world.
And Vancouver is no different.
Bumble’s success most likely comes from its core purpose:
An incredibly hot topic which obviously attracts lots of ladies.
How does Bumble empower women, you ask?
By giving the fairer sex the option to go first.
So once you get a match on Bumble, you have to wait on her text before you can start chatting.
A bit sucky for us dudes. But pretty cool for the ladies who are used to getting all sorts of bad pick up lines.
So what else makes Bumble a good choice for finding attractive women in Vancouver?
- Popular (albeit less popular than Tinder, but that’s barely noticeable)
- Higher quality women than Tinder. Think: young and ambitious professionals
- Pretty good filter options. You can rearrange your swipe stack based on: religion, political views, alcohol or drug use, and more
- A more serious vibe than Tinder. Most women tend to take Bumble a bit more seriously, so you’ll on average get quicker and better replies
- Slightly more focused on relationships than hookups
- Uses prompts (think questionnaire bio) to give you a better idea of who someone is
- Allows you to send voice notes! So good
- You can undo left swipes for free
- Not as popular as Tinder
- If your match doesn’t text you within 24 hours, you lose the match (unless you use your 1 free daily extension)
- Lackluster premium membership
What girls really want to see in your dating profile
You could use the best dating app on earth with NOTHING but babes…
…but if your profile is bad, you still won’t get any matches.
That’s why it’s important to know what type of profile women find attractive.
Hint: they’re not paying attention to your looks as much as you think.
What women REALLY want to see in your dating profile is…
You know what?
How about we let the girls do the talking so you know what I say is 169% true.
Check out my YouTube video where you’ll see three beautiful girls discuss my dating profile.
Now onto the third best dating app for Vancouver.
Vancouver is undoubtedly one of the best places in the world for Hinge.
The dating app is INCREDIBLY popular in Van and counts as one of the ‘big three’ dating services.
In case this is the first article you’re reading, I’m a huge fan of Hinge.
Let me show you why.
- It’s designed to be deleted, so it attracts women who are serious about dating and are eager to meet up
- It offers all of Tinder’s premium feature for FREE (which means you can see who likes you and save yourself time swiping)
- It forces users to upload 6 photos. No more, no less. That way you’ll never see those 1 – 3 photo profile timewasters
- It asks everyone to fill in prompts, so people can know more about you and easily start conversations
- It gives you the option to leave a comment when you like. Which you should ALWAYS do because it increases the odds of matching.
- You regularly get profile suggestions that are 8 times more likely to become a match
- AND MORE! Check out my Hinge review (click here) to see precisely why this app is awesome
- Hinge often suffers from a small user base, but not in Vancouver.
So whatever you do, give Hinge a try if you’re in Vancouver.
#4: Seeking Arrangement
Seeking Arrangement is a dating website with a pretty hilarious concept.
It connects sugar babies with sugar daddies and mommas.
Yes, it’s as it sounds: ‘sugar babies’ who are too young and poor to live a life of luxury can find sugar daddies and mommas to pamper them.
The company does try to tone the money hungry vibe down by saying, “Our company is one where attractive members are goal diggers, not gold diggers.”
From what I’ve heard from locals, it’s best for female students who need help paying bills.
One 23-year-old Vancouver student met a sugar daddy who paid for textbooks and to get her nails and hair done.
And if that sets off certain alarm bells, your intuition is probably right.
Many people see Seeking Arrangement as an elaborate scheme for sex workers. Although the people who are getting showered in expensive presents seem to disagree.
Anyway, Seeking Arrangement really seems to revolve around pay for play.
If the sugar daddy or momma feels like a fit for you, you can arrange how often you want to see each other and what will be your monthly ‘allowance’.
Are you a dude with a hot bod and open to dating a wealthy woman in her 40s and 50s?
Give Seeking Arrangement a go and see what happens.
- Dating a sugar momma will get you paid
- Your body will need to look like it was carved by da Vinci in order to do well (unless you want to be a sugar daddy)
- It’s rarely anything serious (which may be a positive depending on how you look at it)
- You likely won’t be dating anyone under the age of 40
- It’s basically legal man-whoring
#5: Plenty of Fish
Let’s not beat around the bush.
This dating app is not the best for dating in Vancouver, but it does deserve an honorary mention.
Maybe it’s not so much honorary as much as it’s a warning.
Just say away from Plenty of Fish, unless you have too much time on your hands.
Here are the two biggest reasons why:
- You’ll run into lots of spammers, scammers and fake profiles
- Match quality varies wildly. PoF is like the Target of the online dating world. Yes, you could run into a babe in the organic section, but you’ll have to elbow your way through a crowd of oversized people driving mobility scooters
The only reason I mention Plenty of Fish is because it’s still a popular name in the dating scene and I don’t want you wasting your time.
Now you know what dating apps will net you the best matches in Vancouver, it’s time for some dating etiquette.
Vancouver dating do’s and don’ts
Vancouver is very much an international metropole.
Which means that it’s incredibly diverse and doesn’t fit into any clearly defined box.
That obscurity can make it difficult to know how to behave on a date.
So to make sure you make a good first impression, here are some Vancouver do’s and don’ts.
#1: Vancouverites can be pretty cold
I don’t mean that all the girls from Vancouver I mean.
But they do tend to be much more cliquey and stand-offish.
Again, not because people from Van are a-holes. Just because everyone feels comfortable in the group of friends they’ve grown up with.
And when they meet someone new, they’re quick to put their guard up.
What does this mean for you?
- Don’t stress if it takes a while before your online matches choose to meet up with you
- Don’t get anxious when you have to do much of the talking on the date
Once you break the ice, she will warm up to you.
#2: Don’t fall for her tricks
Once you start swiping in Vancouver, you’ll notice a pattern.
A pattern that might intimidate you.
Lots of women in Vancouver portray themselves as being on top of the world.
You probably didn’t notice, but all the photos I’ve shown you so far are of Vancouverites posing on top of mountains.
To top it off, all these ladies are looking incredibly fit.
Don’t let these photos fool you into thinking these are angels walking on earth.
While beautiful enough, they’re usually incredibly down to earth.
Which leads to my next point.
#3: Be firm but warm
It’s not just tourists and expats who feel that the locals are distant.
Many Vancouverites feel the same way.
It’s one of the drawbacks of living in a large city: you tend to stick to the people you know.
What good is this to you?
Well, you can use that unsociable vibe to your advantage by being extra outgoing and friendly.
Now you’re like a refreshing oasis in the desert.
Just be careful not to be so friendly that you drop all your standards.
You don’t want to be a puppy who barks at her every command.
Cool Vancouver date ideas and activities
I’m not going to dump a list of the best restaurants and cafés in Vancouver.
You’ve got Yelp for that.
But what I will do is give you a bunch of awesome date ideas that will make her want to see you again.
Here you go:
- Vancouver has the world’s longest uninterrupted waterfront path. If the weather’s good, it’s a fun way to get to know each other.
- More than 10% of Vancouver is covered in lovely green parks. That’s a lot of parks, 230 to be exact. So check ‘em out.
- Vancouver has some amazing food trucks that serve anything you want. Curries, pizzas, tacos, kung pao chicken, ice creams. Many have vegan options too. You’ll usually find a bundle of these trucks parked near music and sports events. Otherwise, just open a street food app.
- The Chinese have been in Vancouver since the late 19th century, so its Chinatown is very impressive. You could easily spend a half-day there walking through its Chinese Garden and food district.
- If you’re going on a third date or fourth, I recommend you go to one of Vancouver’s ski resorts. The slopes are gorgeous and Vancouverites love the snow.
Besides the above, you can obviously do all the activities that a modern metropolis offers.
So feel free to explore and get creative.
Before we reach the end of the most popular dating apps in Vancouver, I want to help you get as many matches as you can.
The easiest way to do that is by downloading my free Profile Checklist.
It’ll show you exactly what the weaknesses of your profile are and how to fix them.
Now the matches are pouring in, all that’s left to do is to make her like you over text.
Which can be difficult, unless you have my 10 Texts That Always Work.
- Don’t know how to ask her out?
- Not sure how to reply to her last text?
- Do you desperately need a fun or flirty text to spice up the conversation?
The 10 Texts have got what you need.
And don't forget your download below ;)