You’re on Bumble and want to make a good first impression.
And although women on Bumble text first, it doesn’t always easily lead to fun conversation.
That’s why you’ll get 30+ of the best Bumble pick up lines for guys that will make her excited to talk to you.In this article:More...
Important: Quickly letting you know I found the best opener EVER. Its psychologically irresistible to ignore. I made a video explaining how to use it and it's 'clickbait-principle' with screenshot examples. Check it out here.
By the end of the article, you’ll never wonder how to start your Bumble conversation again.
My 10 best Bumble pickup lines
- [If she has a pet] Wow you look super cute. And your human is pretty decent too ;).
- If I were a T-rex, I’d be holding you in my arms crying because I couldn’t resist tasting your delicious human flesh and biting you.
- Your photos make you seem really open and outgoing. But I bet that you also have moments where you’re a shy little nerd. 😉
- [Demands you have the 2 truths and 1 lie prompt] Hey Sarah, let’s play a game. Find the lie in my profile and win a prize.
- I don’t usually give compliments right away, but you have excellent taste in men. How did you find out I had a complete Beanie Baby collection?
- Sunday priorities: exercise, sleep, or aggressive mimosas?
- I think this means we’re married. So pay the utility bill already, will ya?
- What are your favorite three movies? Think about it carefully. Because I will be silently judging you 😉
- What’s something that you ALWAYS have in your fridge or pantry?
- Louise, quick yet important question. You’re having your portrait painted, what’s your backdrop?
Playful Bumble pickup lines
- You have to ban one forever: ice cream or chocolate. What do you choose?
- If I say top 5 movies of all time, what is the first one that comes to mind?
- Let’s dive right into the good stuff. If I could see your latest YouTube history, what would I see?
- Name your top 3 smells. GO!
- Let’s skip the small talk and discuss what matters. If you could have a superpower what would you choose?
- Marry, fugg, kill: cookies, brownies and candy.
- If you were a professional paid fighter, what would be your entrance song?
- How would you type out the sound a hand dryer makes?
- If you were a man for a day, what would you do?
- You can make one food calorie-free forever. What do you pick?
Clever Bumble pickup lines
- How many fries can a friend take before you tell them to buy their own?
- Haha oh shit! Not sure if you remember [answer with a random but fun trivia fact].
- Hey [her name]. Wanna know what I like about your profile?
- Before we start, know that I have the best cozy hoody and sweater collection. And if any of them go missing, I’m calling the police, [name].
- 👋✋✋. I’m using sign language because I’m in the quiet section of the library and I’m not rude.
- What’s the most creative excuse you’ve used to take a day off?
- How long would you let someone kick the back of your airplane seat before you say something?
- Let’s find out what type of person you are hehe. How many bad pages will you read before you give up on a book?
Want to create clever Bumble lines of your own? Check out my next video. Yes, it’s technically made for Tinder, but it works just as well for Bumble.
Flirty Bumble pickup lines
- We can make up any story about how we met. I like the idea of a meeting at a farmers market and we both reached for the last avocado.
- Tell me what kinda guy you like. I’m trying to figure out who to pretend to be. #BeingYourselfIsForLosers
- Congratulations! You have manifested a guy you can take home for Thanksgiving.
- I don’t mean to show off, but my shoulder’s just the right size for your head.
- Wanna see the difference between a match and a catch? Try lunch with me.
- In a parallel universe, I’m married to you. In this on, I’m inviting you to start a secret society that will take over the world.
- I like to take things slow, so I’ve picked the names of just five out of our 12 kids.
- You’ve liked my profile, so that obviously means I should start making wedding plans.
- I can flirt with you in three languages: American, British, and Perverted.
- Let’s skip the small talk and dive right into the flirting.
- You’ve been jailed for being too hot. Give me a plan to break you out.
- I’m here. What are your other two wishes?
- Do I know you? Because you look a lot like the person
5 Things to consider before you hit send
1. Be ready for Bumble-approved openers
Just like lots of men on traditional dating apps, women on Bumble find it difficult to start the conversation.
That’s why they’ll often pick a Bumble-approved opener.
In case you’re out of the loop, Bumble can recognize when a girl is about to send a generic icebreaker. And offer her an alternative.
If you’re aware of Bumble’s suggestions, then you’ll be able to come up with the perfect response for each suggestion!
Here are two you can steal from me:
- Growing up, did you ever think you’d be meeting people this way? [Your reply] Yes. The internet always told me there were many singles in my area.
- What’s the worst pickup line you’ve gotten on Bumble? [Your reply] What’s the worst pickup line you’ve gotten on Bumble.
Don’t you love how humble she is? She doesn’t even try to hide that she copy-pasted a Bumble pick up line. Love it.
2. Be the prize
Some girls won’t even try to break the ice. Instead, they’ll demand that you hit them with a pick up line.
Our culture large dictates that men should take the first move. But that doesn’t mean that she shouldn’t put in a little effort! After all, you’re just as much a prize as her.
Here’s an example of a conversation that rides the line between self-love and self-importance.
It needs to be said: this isn’t my own conversation. But it still does a decent job of showing her that you want to be treated in a certain way.
3. Make her feel special
It might feel difficult to make the conversation fun if she starts the conversation with ‘hi’. But it doesn’t have to be. Not if you reply with a fun personal text.
Suppose this is the profile of your newest Bumble match.
A cute girl taking care of a rhino. How sweet is that?
And when she sends you the first text, you receive this in your inbox:
Rather than screaming from frustration, make it work by sending her a personalized opener.
Summer is the name of a baby rhino she cared for.
Look, I know you aren’t always feeling creative enough for something like this. No problem. I’ve got just what you need in the next tip.
4. Use clickbait if you’re struggling
I have a text for you that you can ALWAYS use, and it gets more responses than any other opener on this planet.
I know. It sounds too good to be true. But there is one line that comes closer to perfection than anything else out there.
And it’s my very own Clickbait Opener.
Curious to see how it works?
Here, have a look at this example where I’m using it on Tinder:
Ah crap, there’s black bars over my Clickbait Opener!
Luckily for you, you can get instant free access to my secret video. I’ll tell you exactly how the opener works, when to use it, how to use it, what to follow up with, and so on.
On top of that you get 7 screenshot examples.
You can use it as a Bumble pickup line, a Tinder opener, a PoF icebreaker…
5. Don’t take yourself so seriously
It’s much, much, MUCH easier to be witty when you don’t take yourself seriously.
Because if you consider yourself a serious person, you care too much about things like respect and looking cool.
And all that caring uses up a lot of brain juice. Brain juice that could be used for thinking of witty and fun things to say.
Ever realized how care-free people are almost always funny? Or at the VERY least, playful?
That’s because they don’t need to spend their energy on maintaining their reputation or being awesome.
They’re too focused on having a good time.
The easiest way to get better texts from her
Tired of receiving the typical ‘Hi’ text and its boring cousins? Let me solve that problem for you once and for all.
Add a call to action to your Bumble bio.
A client of mine found a call-to-action style bio on the internet and instantly put it to use.
Ask me about my job as a mammoth hunter/tracker.
Here’s the type of reactions he’d get all day long.
Women love it when you have a bio like this because it makes sending you the first text super easy. And if your bio is a little mysterious, she’ll like it even more because she doesn’t know what to expect.
TextGod coach Dan likes to talk about food, so he put this in his Bumble bio: “Tell me your favorite food in the world.” And he’d constantly receive texts like this.
Pretty neat, right? For more Bumble bio ideas, check out my next article.
Do as the pros do
My team and I have used the next lines for years with great success.
- The best (non-needy) way to ask a cutie out.
- How to text a girl you’ve just met.
- 3 Fun ways to keep the conversation going.
- A line to get her number straight from Instagram.
- Some more of that TextGod goodness.
And now I’m sharing them with you.
And don't forget your download below ;)