You’re probably already in Switzerland or planning to go.
The biggest thing on your mind right now is: “What are the best dating apps in Switzerland?”
Because that’s precisely what you’re going to get.
- Why Tinder in Switzerland may not be right for you
- 13 Unwritten rules of texting that’ll instantly make you more attractive
- The best Swiss apps for dating, casual sex, and relationships
- 10 Stealable texts that always get good replies
- The first text that over 90% of women can’t resist
By the way, did you know there is one opener SO good, that I don't want every peasant to get a hold of it. It uses the psychological principle of clickbait, making it irresistible to ignore. I included it in a free video with 7 real life text examples + 2 bonus follow-up lines to use after the opener. Download it for free here.
Best dating apps in Switzerland
Der Schweiz, as it’s called by the locals, is an incredibly diverse country with no less than four national languages.
None which include English.
Yet, a survey found that roughly two thirds of the total population is able to speak some English.
Because Switzerland has four official languages and most people can speak English, the number of effective dating apps is quite large.
While some dating apps span all cultural barriers of the diverse Swiss locals, others appeal to specific Swiss natives.
So depending on what you’re looking for, you may want to use a dating app that you’re not familiar with.
Let’s get into the most popular and effective dating apps of Switzerland.
Let’s just get it out of the way and start with the obvious.
Yes, it’s popular.
Yes, it works.
If you only want to use one dating app, Tinder’s your best bet.
Let me tell you why.
- It’s the most known and used dating app
- It has women of all ages, disciplines and backgrounds
- It’s simple to use
- It’s good for casual dating and relationships
- And it’s free version works well enough (although you can’t do more than 100 right swipes every 12 hours)
- You can only filter people out based on gender, age and distance (which means that finding the person you like can take a while)
- Because it’s an incredibly popular and old app, not everyone takes it as seriously. So you will meet some time wasters
- It doesn’t let you send voice messages
- It’s not as easy to find local women as with other dating apps
So all in all, Tinder is good. But it’s not without flaws.
Onto the next app.
Although slightly anecdotal, I do trust the power of Bumble in Switzerland thanks to my sources.
I have a few ears on the ground in Switzerland and they all get great results on Bumble.
More so than via Tinder.
And that’s no surprise when you know what makes Bumble unique.
Although it started out as a Tinder clone, it always set itself apart by empowering women.
On Bumble, women text first.
Do you have a match but get no text from her in 24 hours?
Then you’ll lose the match.
That feminist feature got Bumble a LOT of attention from educated progressive women.
Career-driven women who are looking for high quality men.
So thanks to all this, the women on Bumble tend to be pretty awesome.
Sure, a lot of the ‘normies’ have joined the ranks of Bumble too. But Bumble’s still held onto an ambitious female group.
Besides the high quality women, Bumble also does a few other things right that make it great for dating in Switzerland.
- It’s popular enough you won’t be running out of matches
- It tends to attract more highly educated women (who will be likely be 23+ years old)
- It’s as simple to use as Tinder
- It gives you far better filtering options, like political preferences, religious views, drinking/smoking habits, and so on
- It uses prompts that make it easier to keep conversations going
- Leans slightly more towards relationships, but also good for casual hookups
- Let’s you send voice messages which is GREAT if you know how to use your voice
- Slightly less popular than Tinder
- If she doesn’t text you within 24 hours after matching, you’ll lose the match (happens more often than you’d like)
What once started as a social networking website in 2004 is now a popular American online dating app.
Although Switzerland is pretty far from America, OkCupid does pretty well with the Swiss.
Probably because the Swiss have more conservative views when it comes to dating.
And OkCupid is specifically made for 20-something-year-olds who are done with superficial swiping apps and are looking for something more meaningful.
The dating service really strikes a balance between casual one night stands and lifelong commitment.
So how does OkCupid reach this sweet middle ground?
By asking you questions.
Lots and lots of questions that you must answer before you can start matching people.
Don’t worry. You don’t have to answer ALL the questions the app shows you.
Just enough so that the algorithm can get an idea of who you are.
Once it gets a taste of your personality, the algorithm shows you to like-minded people in hopes that you’ll hit it off.
The most IMPORTANT questions on OkCupid all relate to:
- Your definition of a relationship
- How you feel about higher powers
- Your stance on pollution and global warming
It turns out, people care a lot about your views on cheating (what a surprise!), your feelings on faith, and if you think the Earth is on fire, or if it’s all a hoax made by lizard people.
So be sure to answer any questions related to the above. Or else you’re likely to miss out on matches.
The more similar your answers are to a potential match, the higher your compatibility rating.
So be sure to answer the questions as truthfully as possible.
While it may sound like a chore, it does work.
Tinder gives you no way to predict whether your values and beliefs overlap with your Tinder match.
OkCupid’s compatibility rating does give you that ability to predict.
Although the rating isn’t a promise for chemistry, it’s better than nothing.
Anyway, enough jibber jabber.
Let me just show you some bullet points.
- Surprisingly popular in Switzerland
- Compatibility rating does increase the odds of fireworks on the date
- Much easier to find things to text about than on Tinder
- Good if you want a relationship
- Although OkCupid does have high quality women, that group is clearly a minority
Although it’s still a few years away from being the best dating app, Hinge definitely has a LOT of potential.
Which you can tell if you fire it up in Switzerland.
Plenty of gorgeous and intelligent women.
Although your results will vary depending on where you choose to swipe.
If you’re standing high up in the Swiss mountains, you probably won’t match anything besides a cow with a Hinge account.
Anyway, Hinge is dope.
Let me tell you why.
For starters, it’s designed to be deleted.
And that’s more than an empty marketing phrase.
Hinge does pretty much everything in its power to give you the best dating experience possible.
Let me show you the list of awesome features Hinge gives you:
- You get all the features from Tinder Gold for FREE. That means, among other things, you can see who likes you and place your location anywhere you like in the world
- You can attach a text to every like you send which GREATLY increases the chances of matching
- You have a crazy amount of criteria that you can use to filter women out of the swipe stack. Stuff like height, religion, ethnicity, education, and more
- It forces every user to upload a minimum of 6 photos, so you’ll never run into 2-photo profiles
- Hinge makes use of prompts that make it easier to get to know someone and start conversations
- The dating app asks you for feedback after you go on a date so it can help get off the app faster
- Hinge recommends you profiles that the algorithm thinks are a fit for you
- You can’t like more than 5 profiles per day unless you go premium
- You MUST have 6 photos (which really isn’t a big problem)
- It’s user count is still relatively low (although it’s slowly growing a larger audience)
A few times a week, every day if you’re lucky, Hinge will send you one of these:
Based on the people you like, the prompts you answer, and your first date feedback, Hinge will recommend you a most compatible match.
If you’re in a big Swiss city like Zurich or Basel, Hinge is probably good enough to get you 3 dates a week.
At least, if you know how to flirt and capitalize on your matches.
Here are 13 texting rules that’ll raise attraction in less than 5 minutes. Check it out:
#5-6: Badoo & Lavoo
Let me preface all this by saying…
…I have mixed feelings about Badoo and Lavoo.
And so do the people I know that live in Switzerland.
Yes, it is popular.
And yes it does have lots of women for you to match.
But the quality of women on Badoo & Lavoo is just scandalously low.
One reason for that is the audience it attracts: the young and lower educated.
So you’ll meet lots of women who like to talk in emoji and who use so many filters on their photos that they look like an anime character.
Probably not quite the type of person you want to meet.
Which means you’ll be roughly swiping 7 out of 10 people left. (That means not-liking someone in case you’re new to this.)
Here’s the quick rundown on Badoo and Lavoo in Switzerland
- Insanely huge number of women
- Most of the women you’ll match are closer to cartoon characters than people
You may think that what’s coming next will be even worse.
But that dating app is vastly superior to the last two we just discussed.
An app that’s seen better days but still deserves a spot in Switzerland’s top 7.
Let me start by explaining what sets Happn apart from the rest.
Happn’s biggest strength is that it’s NOT your typical swiping app.
Rather than mindlessly swiping pretty faces, it’s about reaching out to interesting people that you saw in real life but where too chicken to talk to.
How Happn works is that it registers everyone with a Happn account who you cross paths with.
If any Happn users comes within 150 metres (about 165 yards) of you, you’ll get a notification on your app.
Is that person someone you find attractive?
Like their profile and hope that you’ve made a strong real life impression (or have an attractive dating profile that’s too good to ignore) so she’ll like you back.
If you both like each other, it’s a match and you can start chatting.
Why does this dating app deserve a spot in Switzerland’s top 7?
Because it’s reasonably popular. Especially for students.
And it’s another great way to filter.
Why rely on a dating app to show you a random person who you may hit it off with, if you can see someone in real life and choose yourself?
Happn gives you the power of choice.
And if you’re living a life where you do things you love, you’ll likely go to places that are visited by people that are just like you.
And these are the type of people you’re most likely to have good chemistry with.
So if you want to take charge of who you meet. And don’t like the idea of putting your love life in the hands of a dating app algorithm…
…go for Happn.
- Gives you the power of choice (she does have to have the app installed)
- Quite popular among students
- Easy to use
- You can’t match with every girl you see on the street
- Not as popular among older age groups (25+)
- Works best in cities
That about wraps up the best dating apps in Switzerland.
But before I go, I want to give you some super effective tools to make your online dating experience the best it can be.
Firstly, you don’t want to leave without my Dating Profile Checklist.
It shows you the weaknesses of your profile and how to fix them.
And if you’re like most men, your dating profile probably has more holes than swiss cheese. Which means you’re losing out on matches.
Once your dating profile is irresistible, you’ll be swimming in matches.
But matches are meaningless unless they talk back. So you need to send a first text that gets women to respond.
I have a copy pastable text that gets a reply almost every time. Find it here, plus some follow-up lines that reel her in even further.
And to top it all off I have 10 Texts That Always Work.
- Don’t know what to say
- Need a funny answer
- Want a flirty text
- Or are ready to ask her out
You can find the perfect line in my 10 Texts That Always Work. Check ‘em out here.
For more tips, check out these articles:
And don't forget your download below ;)