You want to meet some fun and attractive women.
But you’re not sure where to start.
Perhaps you already downloaded Tinder, but didn’t get the results you hoped for.
I’m about to tell you everything you need to know about dating on Tinder in 2022.
- #1: What’s Tinder?
- #2: Does Tinder work?
- #3: How does Tinder work?
- #4: Tinder stuff you need to know
- #5: Is upgrading to Tinder Plus, Gold, or Platinum worth it?
- #6: How to make a Tinder profile that gets lots of matches
- #7: How to get her to send you the first message
- #8: Sending a first message that gets a reply
- #9: How to keep the convo going
- #10: The Tinder mindset that will make you successful
- #11: How to ask her out
- #12: Tinder dating most frequently asked questions
- #13: Tinder alternatives
Important: Just letting you know I am currently letting guys use my Profile Checklist for free. It's a simple fill-in-the-blanks code that shows you what to change about your profile. It's the first step to getting all the matches you want. Get it here for free.
By the end of this article, you’ll know enough to get at least one Tinder date per week.
#1: What’s Tinder?
Tinder is basically the modern world’s blind date with a twist.
Because it’s not your friend who connects you with a cute stranger, it’s you.
Like someone you see?
Swipe right on her pretty face and if she likes you back, BINGO.
You’re off to the races.
Now for one of the biggest misconceptions about Tinder:
Is it for serious relationships or just hooking up?
That said, most people don’t expect much from Tinder. So expectations for anything serious are pretty low.
But when they find someone they hit it off with, a surprising amount of people are open to a committed relationship.
#2: Does Tinder work?
Let me answer that question with another one of my own:
“Does the Tin Man have a shiny dick?”
I don’t know, I’ve never looked. Pervert.
Point being: it works.
Tinder is the most popular dating app in the Western world.
Don’t believe me? Believe the nerds that did the math.
While it’s largely used with younger generations, even people in their 40s can have great success with Tinder.
Just ask some of my students in the Mentoring Program.
It even works for people who don’t have good looks. More on that later.
Let me show you how it works.
#3: How does Tinder work?
There is one thing above all else which will determine whether or not you’re successful on Tinder.
Creating a profile.
Below are 7 steps from creating an account to Tinder dating success.
- Create a Tinder account
- Tinder shows you profiles of women in your area. Swipe right on profiles you like
- Don’t particularly like what you see? Swipe left
- If she likes you back, it’s a match
- Chat and make her excited to see you
- Plan a date
This is just the basics.
Lucky for you there are more goodies for you in the following tips.
#4: Tinder stuff you need to know
If you want to have the best Tinder experience possible, you have to know the following:
- A free account gets you a fixed amount of likes (it depends on gender, age and location)
- If you swipe someone left, they won’t know that you didn’t like them
- If you swipe someone right, they won’t know unless they like you back or have Tinder Gold
- If you really like someone, you can Super Like them
- Tinder has no search function, so you can’t look for something specific (besides gender, age and proximity)
#5: Is upgrading to Tinder Plus, Gold, or Platinum worth it?
Here’s a quick breakdown of all the different Tinder subscriptions.
After this tip, you’ll know exactly what’s right for you.
- Tinder Plus is the cheapest subscription. What does it get you? A few things, but the only thing worth noting is the Tinder Passport feature. Which is GREAT if you travel a lot and want to set up dates before leaving. Check out this article if you want to find out if Tinder Plus is worth it.
- Next up is Tinder Gold. Which has all the features from Tinder Plus and more. Despite the price hike, you don’t really get anything useful, unless… you have very little time. Because now you can see who likes you and instantly get matches. Check out this article if you want to find out if Tinder Gold is right for you.
- Finally, we have Tinder Platinum. Which is incredible for ANYONE who wants more matches, because your likes get priority. That means women have to swipe less to see you. An awesome feature. Check out this article if you want to see if Tinder Platinum is worth it.
Read on to make sure this isn’t you.
Having trouble picking between Tinder Plus and Tinder Gold? Check out this article.
For more on Tinder Platinum here, check out my video.
Not having much success with free Tinder?
Don’t upgrade yet!
If you have a lackluster profile, women aren’t going to suddenly be more attracted to you.
So give your profile a facelift first.
Download my free profile checklist to see what you need to fix.
#6: How to make a Tinder profile that gets lots of matches
This mindset destroys your Tinder results:
Thinking that YOU are not good enough, when it’s really your PROFILE that isn’t good enough.
Even attractive people can have an unattractive profile.
And you can have a KILLER profile even if you don’t look like a supermodel.
So how do you make a great Tinder profile?
- Have great photos. This article tells you more about which types of photos to use, but here’s a summary:
- 5 photos is a solid number for your profile.
- Your first 2 photos should show you looking your best. Clear view of your face, smile/smirk, good lighting.
- The other 3 photos should be fun while saying something about your personality.
- Professionally taken photos help, but aren’t necessary.
- Take photos at Golden Hour.
- Tinder has a “smart photo” feature. TURN IT OFF!! Shit will ruin your profile.
- Make your profile authentic. Women will be put off if you’re different IRL.
- Get feedback on your profile from women you think are attractive. Science shows we often pick bad photos for ourselves.
- An alternative is Photofeeler, a service where your photos are assessed anonymously.
Check out this video for how to get more likes on Tinder.
#7: How to get her to send you the first message
This is the secret to getting women to send you the first text:
Having a short and stimulating bio.
Let me break this down for you.
Why short? Because long is easier to mess up. The more words you use, the more likely you’ll say something unattractive.
“Okay. So what does a stimulating bio mean, Louis?”
Something that stimulates her emotions.
Which can take the shape of many things.
Here are a few examples for inspiration.
A playful and controversial bio that can get her to go, “OMG! I can’t believe you’re saying that!”
Biggie > Tupac
I like my steak well done.
Coffee smells great but tastes gross.
And here are two personal and playful bios that builds a little connection:
I sometimes wear earplugs just so that people won’t talk to me.
For more bio inspiration, check out this article:
#8: Sending a first message that gets a reply
These first messages will make her eyes glaze over from boredom:
Don’t ever use them to start a conversation again.
Because almost every dude out there does it.
And even if they didn’t, these everyday lines don’t get her excited to chat with you.
In fact, they may not even get her to reply at all.
So be different!
You’ll then stimulate her emotions out of sheer uniqueness.
An easy way to be different?
Offer a unique and playful view of something in her profile.
Compliment something you like that she had to work for:
Alternatively, playfully tease her.
And don’t shy away from challenging her.
More fun first lines here:
#9: How to keep the convo going
With these tricks, you can easily move any conversation forward.
Look, I get it.
You’re better in person and need your facial expressions to shine.
So you need a little help on what to say over text.
Well, I gotchu.
I wrote an entire article on how to keep the convo going. Check it out here:
#10: The Tinder mindset that will make you successful
Wanna know how to be successful on Tinder? Here’s how.
- Don’t be someone you’re not. We feel safe saying things behind our phones that we wouldn’t dare say in real life. It may get results, but if the real you doesn’t meet her expectations, it’ll turn her off.
- Don’t think you’ll get instant results. Chatting on Tinder is a skill. Everyone can do it, but it takes a little time to do well.
- Don’t take it too seriously. It’s difficult when you don’t have a special someone in your life, but that doesn’t mean you want to act desperate. That’ll just scare her off. So always have plenty of things going on besides Tinder that are meaningful to you and make you happy.
And the ultimate and most elusive behavior of them all:
Check out my epic video and I’ll show you exactly how:
#11: How to ask her out
Here’s a crazy simple and efficient way to ask her out.
But it’s too good to share out in the open here.
I’m only giving this to my loyal fans.
If that’s you, you’re in luck.
Just smash this link and you’ll get a great way to ask her out and 9 other of my most used texts.
Enjoy, my friend.
And thanks for trusting me with your email.
I will cherish it always. Xoxo.
Want even more ways to ask her out? Check out this article:
#12: Tinder dating most frequently asked questions
You’ve got questions. I’ve got your answers.
These are the most common questions I get asked about Tinder…
Is Tinder for serious dating?
It’s for serious dating, as well as casual dating.
This study even shows Tinder users are more likely to get into relationships, regardless of original intentions.
How do I build an attractive profile?
Ensure you have attractive photos. And a good bio.
Can I undo a left swipe?
Tinder offers a Rewind feature to undo a left swipe.
Available to Tinder Plus, Tinder Gold, or Tinder Platinum subscribers.
Is it possible to send photos over Tinder?
However, you can send photos on apps like WhatsApp and Instagram.
Now there’s an easy excuse for you to pivot off of Tinder.
How do I use Tinder for sex?
Many people use Tinder for casual relationships.
But that doesn’t mean you can straight away say:
Chances are this is not going to work.
Use TextGod principles to build connections, then make your move.
#13: Tinder alternatives
This may come as a surprise to you, but…
Tinder may not be right for you.
Tinder belongs to, what you might call, the holy trinity of dating apps.
Now all the apps have differences. Notably, on Bumble the woman always messages first.
On Hinge, you can send personalised messages before you match.
This is freely part of the app, unlike Tinder Platinum where you need to pay for it.
While slightly different, all the apps have their own strengths.
Check them out to see which works best for you.
And check out this video for some scientific online dating tips from yours truly.
Using the tips in this article, you’ll be en route to hella matches.
And don't forget your download below ;)
Write a comment