Without the right icebreaker, your conversation will probably never get going.
It’s important to pique your match’s interest from the start.
Use these online dating conversation starters to make them excited about getting to know you.In this article:More...
Best conversation starters
I won’t gatekeep, here are my absolute favorite conversation starters that I’ve seen over the years.
- What’s the number one item on your bucket list?
- What pet peeves drive you the craziest?
- What’s your go-to comfort food after a long day?
- Sunday priorities: sleep, exercise, or aggressive mimosas?
- Which Disney princess are you most like?
- Hey [NAME], you know what I found really interesting about your profile?
- Book nerrrrrd! I like. 🙂 What book is currently on your nightstand?
- Would you rather be married to a 10 with a bad personality or a 6 with an amazing personality?
- I don’t mean to show off, but my shoulder’s just the right size for your head.
- What’s something that’s popular now but really annoys you?
Important: I know you're sometimes unsure what to text. So I've put together 10 Texts That Always Work. Copy-paste lines that instantly attract her and make her crave your attention. They work and they are free. Just a small gift to get you started. Enjoy! Click here to get them.
What does a good conversation starter look like?
Here’s the secret to starting a great conversation.
That’s the difference between a 10/10 conversation versus a convo that tastes like stale bread. If your icebreaker can hit multiple of their emotional tastebuds at the same time, it’s almost impossible for them not to reply. Your message is just too entertaining!
How do you accomplish all that emotional goodness? By writing a message that’s:
- Personal. It’s tailor-made and one-of-a-kind.
- Relevant. It ideally ties into your conversation partner’s interests.
- Creative. It’s something the other person has never seen before.
This gives you the freedom to give it any kind of emotional flavor that you want. Even pumpkin spice.
You can make it funny, flirty, or challenging. It all depends on your mood and what you think they’ll like.
Imagine me watching over your shoulders and telling you exactly what to say to your dream girl.
How much easier would things be? Right now I'm almost done training our brand new AI-app with all my knowledge. And it will tell you exactly what your next reply should be.
You can get access FOR FREE if you join our pre-launch list NOW.
25 Funny questions to make her laugh
Here are some hilarious conversation starters to get them giggling. Most lines are designed to be sent to women, but with a little creativity you can make them appropriate for anyone.
- Ewwwww you’re like, so pretty. 💅 What’s your secret?
- I need to know…what’s something totally dorky or quirky about you?
- Oi [NAME], send me your corniest joke. I’ll go first: Why do melons have weddings? … Because they cantaloupe.
- Mannnn I’m actually all out of really good pickup lines. 🙁But I do have this pickup lemon if that works? 🍋
- Oh damn, I just googled you. You do NOT want to know what I found out.
- Rank these from worst to best: In-n-Out, McDonalds, 5 Guys.
- Random question [NAME], but have you ever accidentally peed yourself and how did it happen?
- What’s the oddest food in your fridge right now?
- What old person habits do you have? Please please say knitting.
- I need a new show! Can’t keep watching Love Island. What are you binge-ing right now?
- My toxic trait is thinking I could EASILY eat all the food in a food challenge. What’s yours?
- You’ve probably been asked this before but I love hearing it…what’s the worst date you’ve ever been on?
- Alright, so what movie title describes your love life best?
- I just want to let you know right now that I sleep with socks on. I know it’s a deal breaker for a lot of people.
- If I could see your latest YouTube history, what would I see?
- [If she has a dog] – Dang, you’re mega cute. And your 2-legged owner isn’t bad either I guess.
- What are your biggest red flags?
- In your opinion, what is the best holiday?
- Do you sing in the shower? And more importantly, are you courageous enough to ADMIT that you pee in the shower?
- Tell me your Tinder experience in 1 GIF.
- What flavor of ice cream do you wish existed?
- If you could do anything illegal without getting in trouble, what would it be?
- Who is your favorite comedian? And please don’t say Matt Rife.
- Tell me what kinda guy you like. I’m trying to figure out who to pretend to be. #BeingYourselfIsForLosers
- No holding back now, what’s the cringiest trend you’ve ever taken part in?
And if you’re ever unsure about if your conversation is good or not, check out my Pimp or Simp videos. Or just watch it for some lolz.
25 Cute questions to get to know someone
Want to make your crush blush in a cuteness overload?
Use these texts to start the conversation.
- Hey, chef! I’m a little scared to ask in case you’ll go all Gordon Ramsey on my ass. But what meal would we make together if we ever go out?
- Just so you know, my phone has only 5% battery, but I’m using the last of it to text you.
- What is the silliest fear you have?
- Good morning! How’s my favorite [insert trait about her e.g. horse rider].
- Which fictional character would you love to date?
- Stop sending me “hey” openers and start sending me memes.
- People say that a picture is worth 1000 words. But when I see yours, all I can think of is “wow.”
- What’s one of the best things you’ve ever purchased? Bonus points if it’s nerdy.
- Just fyi, cookies are the best dessert. But chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin? Because one is clearly superior…
- So, I guess this means we’re dating now?
- Wait, we have the same love languages…did you read the book?
- What is the strangest thing that you find attractive in a person?
- Would you rather have a chauffeur or a personal chef as a gift for one month?
- What’s your least favorite household chore?
- If you were invisible and could go anywhere, where would you go?
- What’s your favorite way to waste time?
- Window or aisle seat when traveling?
- OMG, you went to [insert location]? I need to hear all about it.
- [When she has a small dog] Guessing your pup is big spoon when you two cuddle?
- Overrated or underrated?
- Dinner?! Coffee? Casually walk by each other and nod without saying anything? Which date would you prefer?
- Japan, Germany, or Bali next? For our honeymoon obviously.
- Can we just please agree now that we’ll never sit on the same side of the booth at a restaurant together?
- We definitely need to stop being strangers. I love pink starburst, funk music, and glacial swims. Your turn.
- When you hold hands are you more of a glove or mitten style?
25 Flirty questions that make them like you
When you start using these conversation starters girls will instantly want to flirt back.
- I don’t usually give away compliments so easily, but you have great taste in men.
- Who was your childhood crush? I bet it was Bill Nye the Science Guy.
- I’m reducing my screen time but wanna talk to you. Should I use a carrier pigeon or see you in person?
- I love your sense of style! But I think you’d look better on me.
- [When she’s a horse girl] OK, bit of a zany question. And I apologize if it’s too much. But I need to know… when women ride horses, do their lady parts get stimulated?
- Noooo [NAME]. You’re just my type…but so far away. 💔
- What makes a kiss a really amazing kiss?
- [When she has a pet] Wow you look super cute… and your human is pretty okay too. 😉
- I can already tell you’re going to be my favorite reason to lose sleep with. Because I wet the bed when I get too excited.
- What’s the first thing you noticed about me?
- My cat Meatball is looking for a new mom, and I think you’d make a great candidate.
- So when are you going to ask me out? I’m feeling both spontaneous and a little in my princess era.
- Your photos make you seem really open and outgoing. But I bet that you also have moments where you’re a shy little nerd. 😉
- What is one thing you’re grateful for right now? Besides us matching of course. ✨
- How are you doing tonight? Have you dined with us before? Let me know if you have any questions about the menu, and I’d be glad to help.
- Wanna see the difference between a match and a catch? Try lunch with me.
- Waffles with bacon or pancakes with blueberries? I’d love to make you breakfast.
- Purple is TOTALLY your color, especially in that [photo where she’s wearing purple].
- This may be a weird compliment, but you have immaculate eyebrows.
- I’m making the first move when it comes to our convo, so I’m expecting you to make the first move when it comes to kissing.
- You 👉 small. Me 👉 big. We make good fit.
- If we went on a picnic, what snacks would you pack? AND NO YOU CAN’T PICK ME AS A SNACK [NAME].
- Before we start, know that I have the best cozy hoody and sweater collection. And if any of them go missing, I’m calling the police, [name].
- ..f’ing…way. You like basketball too?!? We’re soulmates.
- I mean…I guess I’d eat chocolate sauce off you. But maybe we could start slow and flirt a bit first? Start with the basics? Like, what’s your favorite color?
25 Deeper questions for deeper connection
Use these questions if you want a more meaningful conversation.
BUT REMEMBER, you still need to arouse emotions. So sometimes these questions are best saved for when a little rapport is already built. I prefer to ask such questions in person on the date. Lots more fun that way.
- If you could have dinner with anyone in the world, alive or dead, who would it be and why?
- Choose: the ability to talk to animals -OR- the ability to turn into any animal?
- What 3 emojis represent you the best?
- What’s your most controversial opinion?
- What’s the most significant thing people misunderstand about you?
- What’s the most annoying habit that someone can have?
- If someone came to you for advice, what would the topic be?
- Would you rather spend the rest of your life living in an RV or a sailboat as your home?
- If you knew you were going blind tomorrow, what would you do tonight?
- What always calms you down when you’re really stressed out and upset?
- I need to know…are you the type of person who saves the best bite for the end of their meal or devours it at the beginning?
- What’s something you genuinely admire about yourself?
- How would your best friend describe you? If we all met at a party or something.
- Would you rather find a book that predicts the future, or have a book that explains everything from the past we don’t already know?
- If you could change 2 things from your past what would you change?
- What 3 items would you take with you on a desert island?
- Would you rather be the best player on a horrible team or the worst player on a great team?
- What movie or show do you watch over and over?
- What’s been one of your most memorable travel memories?
- Tell me about the most life-changing piece of advice you’ve ever heard.
- What is your favorite quote right now?
- We’re starting off serious here [NAME]…how many times have you been in love?
- If you were going to become immortal, at what age would you want to be when you stop aging?
- What’s your spirit animal? Or should I guess?
- This is going to be deep, I know, but what are your top 3 values that you look for in someone?
Because who doesn’t like it deep? 🤷
5 Expert tips to start and continue a conversation
Here are some pro tips that you can use to craft your own messages to get her hooked.
1. Keep it short and emotional
Emotionally stimulating sentences make her want to reply. Fun open-ended questions, excitement about a shared interest, or a delightfully playful tease are all good starting points.
2. Get creative
We like novelty because it stimulates the mind. And that gives us a little boost. So ideally, come up with a message that she’s never seen before or that is personal to her.
HINT: If she has a pet, I can guarantee that she’ll love a fun and complimentary line about her fluffy friend.
If you do it right, your online conversation starter will energize her like a shot of espresso.
3. Don’t obsess
Many guys will get a little too creative when coming up with a unique icebreaker. 9/10 times that makes them look a little desperate. And desperation or neediness isn’t exactly attractive.
So keep it chill and don’t try too hard. Your goal is to get a reply, not write the greatest opener of all time.
4. Pick a topic you’re curious about
This isn’t a hard requirement but if you mention something you’re genuinely curious about, the convo will naturally lead down that road. And since you’re interested, your convo will be off to a smooth and fun start.
5. Remember that it’s about emotions
It’s unavoidable to share facts with each other. But ultimately that’s not what’s going to win her over. She’s going to like you if you can make her feel all kinds of stuff. Topics are just an excuse to have fun banter.
So don’t fixate on the best topic. Focus on having FUN.
Online dating conversation starters – Summary
Here’s what you need to remember when starting any type of conversation.
Keep it unique and keep it fun.
Sure, girls will pay attention to the facts that you share. But more than anything, they’ll focus on how you make them feel.
Jokes, teases, and flirtatious comments all trigger the release of mood-enhancing chemicals. Put simply, your banter makes them feel good!
And who doesn’t want more of that? If you can be her source of flirty fun, you’ll almost certainly get her excited about meeting up with you.
The texts of this article armed you with the ability to start some incredible, flirtatious, thought-provoking conversations. But how do you keep the conversation going?
Well, I’m going to share one of my favorite techniques so you’ll always have something fun to say.
I call it, The Personality Slice.
Click the big button below and watch my seminar where I tell you everything you need to know about keeping that conversation going until she’s hooked on you.
And don't forget your download below ;)