Odds are you’re already in LA or about to go.
And you want to know how to get more Tinder matches.
Then you’re in the right place.
Because you’re about to get the best online dating tips for Tinder in Los Angeles.
- How good is Tinder in LA?
- The 8 LA girls you’re likely to match (and how to seduce them)
- Los Angeles Dating Dos & Don’ts
- 3 Tinder alternatives
- Los Angeles date ideas
Important: Just letting you know I am currently letting guys use my Profile Checklist for free. It's a simple fill-in-the-blanks code that shows you what to change about your profile. It's the first step to getting all the matches you want. Get it here for free.
How good is Tinder in LA?
Let me keep this short and sweet.
LA is easily in the top 5 best cities in the world to use Tinder.
- It’s densely populated (Los Angeles has roughly 4 million residents)
- The culture is largely laid back and focused on enjoying the simpler things in life
- The women are gorgeous and, thanks to the weather, never dressed in anything warmer than a sweater
On the topic of women, let me tell who you’ll likely see.
The 8 LA girls you’re likely to match (and how to seduce them)
If you’re new to LA, you may be in for a surprise.
Because the sprawling metropolis houses women from all corners of the earth.
Pretty much every nationality is represented in Los Angeles. With the majority being of caucasian and hispanic descent.
Despite the diversity, it’s easy to spot an LA girl.
Here are some of the types of girls you’re likely to match.
#1: The laidback
It’s not called la la land for nothing. Probably thanks to all the yoga and mindfulness, she speaks and moves as if she’s a YouTube clip stuck on playback speed 0.75.
These girls usually enjoy a good wit, so here’s an article that gives you exactly that:
#2: The health conscious
Walk down one block and you’ve probably passed six vegans, 3 gluten-free vegetarians and an intermittent fasting yoga instructor. The girl you matched is probably the reason avocados are expensive.
Do you want to take her out? Say no more, just follow the tips from this article:
#3: The fashionista
You’ll know you’ve found one when she looks like a walking advertisement and is constantly snapping photos for her Insta.
As all women, these girls like compliments. But be careful not to be bland and say, “I like your style.” She already knows she has an immaculate fashion sense, so you have to do a bit better than that.
So here are 77 compliments that’ll make you stand out from the rest:
#4: The celebrity
Seeing a celebrity in LA is about as common as seeing a Starbucks. Although the most known don’t often go on Tinder, you will find (and maybe even match) some b-listers.
If you do manage to match with a (semi) celebrity, it’s crucial you don’t make the mistake of most guys and worship the ground she walks on. If you want to win her over, you must be confident.
And here’s exactly how you show confidence over text:
#5: The traffic-obsessed
LA traffic is notoriously bad and some girls can’t stop talking about it. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
Although I’m generalizing a little, these women may not be the best conversationalists. So if you’re not careful, you’ll end up having a dry conversation that goes nowhere. Don’t let that happen. Here’s what to do:
#6: The fit girl
Because the sun shines every day all day, many Los Angelites are always breaking a sweat to maintain their beach bodies. These toned, tanned and beautiful women have more workout clothes than you have reasons to live.
That’s why it’s a bad idea to compliment her on her body, it’s what she hears every day. Want to make her feel special? Check out this article:
#7: The aspiring writer or actrice
LA is THE place where people go to chase the American dream. If she can’t stop talking about ‘the industry’, you found one.
These women are the creative type, which means you can impress them with your Tinder anthem. This next article will teach you how:
#8: The environmentalist
Perhaps due to all the forest fires in California, LA residents have become increasingly more green. Knowing some stuff on sustainability will definitely help you make a good impression.
Environmentalists are usually the brainy type. This means they’re probably suckers for witty jokes. Don’t have any? No worries, I’ve got what you need right here:
Los Angeles Dating Dos & Don’ts
- Embrace 420. Cannabis and LA go hand in hand. It’s surprisingly easy to get and many people enjoy the sticky icky. If you’re from a more conservative state or country, please don’t try to be judgemental.
- Don’t get angry. Flaking in LA is pretty normal, even if you make a fire impression. It’s more exception than rule, but flaking will happen quite a bit. If you still want to see her, be chill about it and ask when she’s available.
- Make it fun by going cheap. You don’t need to settle for overpriced beer and vodka sodas. It’s not only expensive, but also pretty boring. Luckily, LA has LOTS of unique and cheap dating ideas that will make her want to see you again (more on that later).
- Don’t try to smile your way into her heart. LA girls are all about the vibes. If it doesn’t feel right, she won’t go out with you again. An easy way to turn her off is to be a yes-man and always agree with her. So be sure to voice your opinion (even if it’s not the same as hers).
- Be wary of the 405. If your Tinder match lives across town, you’ll probably have to spend 1.5 hours in traffic to reach her. So I recommend meeting in the middle.
- Don’t lose momentum. Don’t play hard to get after the first date and go silent. That’ll only make her forget the good times she had with you. Instead, text her within 24 hours after the date.
- Focus on real life. Texting should only be used to make a good first impression. Once you see she’s into you, go for the date and keep the texts to a minimum.
For more on how to recognize if she likes you, check out the next article:
3 Tinder alternatives
Although Tinder is hugely popular in LA, it’s not the only dating app you want to use.
Here are 3 alternatives worth considering.
The dating app that I recommend you use besides Tinder is Bumble.
Not only is it popular, but it also attracts a certain type of high quality woman that you can’t easily find on Tinder.
The type that’s a good mix of beautiful, smart and ambitious.
If that’s what you’re into, be sure to give Bumble a go.
For more on Bumble, check out my video:
While not as popular as Tinder or Bumble, it’s still worth trying out.
- It has all the Tinder premium features for free
- The women using it seem to be more serious about meeting you
- It lets you send her a text before matching which greatly increases the odds of matching
Unfamiliar with Hinge? Here’s my review:
If you look at dating apps for LA, you’ll probably find stuff like Facebook Dating, OkCupid, Plenty of Fish, Match.com and Adult Friend Finder.
Some of those apps are decent, but a far more interesting one is…
It’s an interesting app that lets you find party scenes, dates and (if you know where to look) drugs.
If you’re into EDM, I highly recommend it.
Los Angeles date ideas
The City of Angels has plenty of awesome date ideas that don’t break the bank.
So why go expensive and boring if you can go cheap and exciting?
Here are some date ideas that will be sure to make you stand out from the rest.
#1: Explore Santa Monica
Santa Monica is a coastal city west of downtown LA with lots of restaurants and a beach.
That’s why it’s a popular destination to hang out with friends and unwind.
Here are a few fun things you can do with your date:
- Walk on the promenade and watch the street performers
- Go to the Santa Monica pier and go on a roller coaster overlooking the ocean
- Park your butt in the sand and people watch
- Go window shopping on Main Street
- Relax at Palisades Park
- Do cocktails at a rooftop bar (just pick the tallest hotel in sight)
#2: Check out Venice
Venice is a neighborhood in West LA and is known for its canals, beach and promenade.
And it’s pretty dope.
If you’ve never been, here is some inspiration for your date.
- Stroll down the boardwalk and follow your curiosity
- Check out the sea creatures at Venice Oceanarium
- Do the Venice tour and revisit the scenes of your favorite movies and series
- Go thrifting on main street and choose outfits for each other
- Feel inadequate at Muscle Beach
#3: Go hiking
Since LA girls are so into fitness, she’ll probably love the idea of going on a hike.
So take her on one of LA’s many trails.
- Go to the Hollywood sign at the Griffith Trails
- Go down Eaton Canyon Falls and enjoy a snack at a waterfall
- And if you’re up for a challenge, check out Sturtevant Falls
#4: Exercise your brain and go to the Getty
The Getty Museum is not just a collection of rooms with paintings on the wall.
It also has gorgeous scenery to keep you and your date entertained.
Admission is free, but you will have to pay for parking.
If you go, I recommend you bring some food to enjoy in the gardens.
#5: Get your green on at LA’s botanical gardens
LA’s soil is pretty special.
Stick any seed in the ground and it’ll grow a healthy green plant.
That explains why the streets are lined with palm trees and other exotic shrubbery.
The botanical gardens, however, go a step beyond and house vegetation that you just can’t see anywhere else.
If you and your date are into that, be sure to check out one of the many botanical gardens.
#6: Go down Hollywood boulevard and enjoy the impersonators
Unless they’re creating content for their social media, it’s unlikely you’ll see any real movie stars.
But it can be a fun experience all the same.
Anyway, these were the best online dating tips for Tinder in Los Angeles.
To help you get even better results, I want to give you my 10 Texts That Always Work.
- Don’t know how to reply
- Need a funny answer to a boring text
- Want to ask her out in a non-needy way
Grab the 10 Texts here for free.
And if you scroll down, you can download my best opener by hitting the big gold button.
And don't forget your download below ;)
Write a comment