You want the best results in the shortest amount of time.
But you still have some doubts about Tinder.
Perhaps you’re worried it’s just for hookups. If you’re too old. Or if you can find a serious relationship.
Today’s article will give you all of Tinder’s pros and cons so you can decide if Tinder is the best dating app for you.
- What is Tinder?
- Is Tinder worth it for me?
- How Tinder Platinum changed everything
- Frequently asked questions about Tinder
Important: I know you're sometimes unsure what to text. So I've put together 10 Texts That Always Work. Copy-paste lines that instantly attract her and make her crave your attention. They work and they are free. Just a small gift to get you started. Enjoy! Click here to get them.
What is Tinder?
Tinder is a popular dating app that connects you with single people all over the world. And is often falsely labeled as ‘a hookup app’.
But Tinder can be used to find all kinds of relationships. Both superficial and serious.
Overall, it’s a great app for anyone who wants to date and meet new people.
Let’s dive into the details.
Tinder’s concept is simple: a swipe right means you’re interested and a swipe left means you’re not. Does she like you back? It’s a match!
Now you can text each other and find out if you want to meet up.
Tinder has a lot in common with other swipe style apps, but has a few distinct advantages and disadvantages.
You can read all about them in my Tinder pros and cons list.
- The free version is enough to get you fun dates with attractive people.
- You can use it on your phone, tablet, or computer.
- It’s currently the most popular dating app in the world.
- It’s quick to set up. You can be swiping 10-15 minutes after signing up.
- Easy to use. Build your profile, swipe until you match, chat, success.
- Great if you’re looking to date people under 35.
- Paying customers get the Passport feature. Passport lets you change your location to anywhere in the world. Very useful if you travel often.
- There are no time limits on messaging, unlike Bumble for example.
- Tinder lets you filter people based on common interests. The categories include Date Night, Social Causes, Creatives, Gamers, and Animal Parents.
- Tinder also offers “Discover”, which is a section with curated feeds of people looking for love, coffee, etc.
- It has a video chat feature.
- Tinder attracts people looking for all kinds of relationships. From sex buddies to one-night stands, to marriage, and everything in between.
- If you want to like 100+ profiles per day, you need to upgrade to Tinder Plus.
- Has relatively few users above the age of 35 (about 25% of the total audience).
- Not as popular outside the big cities. About 75% of users live in urban areas, leaving roughly 15% in the suburbs, and 5% in rural areas.
- You don’t have much profile information. So the selection process is mostly based on looks.
- It’s a sausage fest: the male to female ratio is wildly unbalanced. That means you profile needs to be strong enough to beat the competition
- If your profile performs poorly, you won’t be able to match (or even see) the most attractive women.
- It can lead to compulsive smartphone use. Seeing how many new cute matches you have is addictive.
- A Tinder Platinum subscription is almost a must.
So Tinder isn’t without drawbacks.
How do you make it worth your while? By building an attractive dating profile. Watch the next video to make it happen.
Do you really want to transform your love life and get 5+ dates a week? Then there’s no better option than signing up for my Mentoring Program.
Is Tinder worth it for me?
Yes and no.
If you have a strong set of photos, Tinder is almost always worth it. Why do I say almost?
Because Tinder has so many users that the person you want to spend the rest of your life with is almost certainly there. And you can, of course, easily meet people you can have a fun time with.
Why may Tinder not be worth it?
Just fire up Bumble and Hinge. These two competitors have recently been outperforming Tinder in three areas: quality, enjoyment and cost.
Bumble and Hinge are brimming with incredibly high-quality users. Chatting is far more enjoyable because people take these apps more seriously. And you don’t need to spend anything to have success.
To make Tinder work nowadays, you need to break open your wallet and get Platinum.
More on that now.
How Tinder Platinum changed everything
Tinder Platinum is Tinder’s latest paid subscription. And it completely changed the game with one new feature: Prioritized Likes.
This new addition gets you more matches.
Here’s a quote directly from Team Tinder, “Priority Likes […] makes sure your Likes and Super Likes are seen by a potential match before the Likes of non-subscribers.”
Put simply, all your likes have priority over non-Platinum members.
Which means that your profile will race to the top of her swipe stack. Unless everyone suddenly upgrades to a Platinum membership.
Do you not have Platinum?
Then it may take a while before she sees your profile. Which is precisely why free Tinder is only half as good as it used to be: the Platinum users are getting most of the attention and matches.
Click the link for more details:
Frequently asked questions about Tinder
Some questions just keep on finding their way into my inbox. That’s why I want to answer them once and for all.
Am I too old for Tinder?
Most women on Tinder are between the ages of 18 and 35.
And most of them stick with the default filters. Which means the typical 18-year-old isn’t looking for a man over 29.
Unless she specifically changes the age settings, that same girl only sees men under 30.
So if your goal is to date women in their early 20s as a man in his 40s, you’re probably not going to do well.
Do you want to date women your age or slightly younger?
Then Tinder’s more than fine.
Is Tinder just for hook ups?
It definitely used to be. I still remember the days where Tinder was primarily a hookup app.
Oh how things have changed.
Now, only 15% of women polled said they were looking for a one-night stand.
Studies show that us men are slightly less, ahem, mature in that way.
These days people use Tinder for all kinds of relationships., From casual encounters to hot and steamy threesomes and even marriage.
Does Tinder post to Facebook?
Worried that your boss, ex-colleague or aunt will see what you’re up to on Tinder?.
Don’t worry, you’re fine.
First of all, you don’t even need to sign up with Facebook. You can create a Tinder account using your mobile number.
And even if you do want to sign up using Facebook, you have no reason to worry
Tinder won’t EVER send anything about your online escapades to Facebook. They’re very discreet.
The only way people can find out you use Tinder, is by accidentally finding you on Tinder.
If you’re afraid of that, just upgrade to Tinder Plus and limit your profile’s visibility to only people whom you’ve already liked.)
Can I use Tinder on my computer?
You can access Tinder from any device and browser using Tinder Online. All you need is an internet connection and the will to swipe.
The Bottom Line: Is Tinder the best dating app for me?
Look, I can’t say if Tinder is right for you. That’s ultimately your choice.
But I can confidently say this:
Everyone looking to date online should try Tinder at least once.
It’s just too easy to meet fun people and not giving it a try would be a shame.
Just be sure to follow one of my Tinder guides before you create your account. Otherwise, you may not get a single match and grow very frustrated.
Besides my guide, I recommend you check out my Clickbait Opener.
It has a higher response rate than any other icebreaker out there.
You can grab it for free below.
Just click the big gold button.
And don't forget your download below ;)
Write a comment