Both dating apps have their pros and cons. But which is better for YOU?
Here’s your Tinder vs Facebook Dating 2023 review.In this article:More...
Important: I know you're sometimes unsure what to text. So I've put together 10 Texts That Always Work. Copy-paste lines that instantly attract her and make her crave your attention. They work and they are free. Just a small gift to get you started. Enjoy! Click here to get them.
By the end of this article you’ll know which dating app to spend most of your time on if you want an incredible dating life.
What is Tinder?
Tinder is the original gangsta when it comes to online dating.
And it’s not just popular because it was one of the first dating apps. It’s also just so dang easy to use.
You can literally create a profile in minutes and start matching and chatting moments after.
These are Tinder’s strongest features:
- It’s free.
- You can use it on your phone or desktop.
- The app only demands that you upload some photos (no filling in of questionnaires required).
- Liking or disliking a profile is as simple as swiping someone’s photos right or left.
- If two Tinder users swipe each other right, it’s a match and you can start chatting.
- You can filter people you see by distance, gender, and age.
- You can purchase premium upgrades (which we’ll cover later) which may improve your dating results.
IMPORTANT: Just because it’s easy to make a profile and start swiping doesn’t mean it’s easy to get matches.
It’s not… unless you know what you’re doing.
That’s why I created an online dating profile checklist so that you’ll be able to build an attractive Tinder profile that gets plenty of matches, even if you know nothing about Tinder.
You can get that >HERE< for free. Click the link and start matching with pretty girls today.
What is Facebook Dating?
Although relatively new to the dating scene, Facebook Dating functions almost the same way as Tinder.
You create a profile using the best pictures you have, write a captivating profile text that gets her to message first, and then you can start matching with people.
The big difference between the two is that you don’t swipe on Facebook Dating. Instead you send “likes” and messages to people you’re interested in.
If they like or message you back, then it’s a match.
Here are a few other key features:
- Different from your regular facebook account.
- Your dating activities don’t appear on your facebook feed.
- No premium paid features.
- You can filter people you see by distance, gender, age, height, children, and religious views.
- Groups/events section, which shows people you’re likely to have things in common with because you have the same interests.
- Slightly older users compared to Tinder, mid 20s to early 30s.
But is Facebook Dating or Tinder better?
Find out below.
Who is it for?
First off, Tinder has hordes of users.
And by ‘hordes’ I mean ‘tons of girls,’ not World of Warcraft orcs and trolls.
As of September 2019, Tinder had almost 8 million registered users in America alone and about 75 million worldwide.
Which makes it tough to cram everyone into one box.
With so many different age groups, backgrounds, and levels of education it’s impossible to make any bold statements like, “Tinder is for hookups,” or “Tinder is only for casual dating.”
The truth is, every type of person you can imagine is on Tinder.
- Sporty girl who wants a relationship.
- Bright student who wants a fwb.
- Divorced mom who wants a one night stand.
- Big tiddy goth girlfriend.
Tinder has it all. Which is a blessing, but also a curse.
Your dreamgirl is undoubtedly using Tinder. But finding her is more difficult than finding a black cat in a coal mine.
The types of people who use Facebook Dating are generally the same as Tinder, BUT with two small differences.
- People on Facebook Dating are slightly more relationship oriented instead of wanting casual dates.
- There are far less people who use Facebook Dating. Although it’s still relatively popular in the big cities.
So which dating app is better in terms of audience?
Although both apps roughly attract the same diverse crowd, Tinder just has a far larger audience.
And more people, means more dates.
That said, if you have the time to juggle two dating apps at once, use both.
How do you make a profile?
Another huge part of choosing your dating app is the ease of account creation.
Both apps have different steps to create an account. But if you have perfect profile photos you can be done in minutes.
Tinder’s profile creation is mega fast:
- Download the app on your phone.
- Create an account with your facebook, email, or phone number.
- Verify your number or email.
- Enter basic info like your birthday, name, and gender.
- Upload your photos.
- Write a short bio about yourself.
- Select which gender you’re interested in.
Facebook Dating is also fast, but has a few more steps.
- If you don’t already have facebook, create an account.
- Go to your Facebook app and tap , then Dating
- Tap ‘Get started’, and continue through the questions. Make your selections and tap ‘Next’ or you can tap ‘Skip’ to move to the next question.
- Review your profile details, then tap ‘Confirm’.
- To complete your profile and add more details and pictures, tap one:
- ‘Preview suggested profile’: to automatically use information and pictures from your Facebook Profile.
- ‘Complete profile manually’: to add details and pictures yourself.
- Lastly, pick your gender identity options and your matches gender identity.
Yeah, Facebook Dating does have more steps. But it barely costs you any more time to set up your profile.
Tinder wins the account creation race by a hair.
Do you have to pay?
Now we’ll discuss every paid feature of Tinder and Facebook Dating and show you which app deserves your money.
Except Facebook Dating is completely free, just like the hugs I give out to people on the street.
So here are the premium features of Tinder and what they do.
- Undo an accidental left swipe. Premium users get an unlimited amount of these, free users get zero.
- Stand out and be one of the first few likes in her swipe stack.
- Boost and Superboost. Be one of the first seen profiles in your area for a set amount of time.
- Tinder Plus. – unlimited rewinds, passport feature which changes your location, no ads, unlimited right swipes, control what info is displayed on your profile
- Tinder Gold. – everything in Tinder Plus, see which people have liked you, access to top picks.
- Tinder Platinum. – everything in Tinder Gold, plus free superlikes, see which likes you’ve sent in the past week, and priority likes (which makes you seen by people sooner).
If you’re going to throw down some dolla dolla bills then buy Tinder Platinum. Being able to send messages with superlikes gives you a huge advantage.
Because sending a message with a superlike increases your chances of matching with a girl.
Especially if you’re using my clickbait opener for your first message.
Get that here.
Important: Quickly letting you know I found the best opener EVER. Its psychologically irresistible to ignore. I made a video explaining how to use it and it's 'clickbait-principle' with screenshot examples. Check it out here.
AND having ALL your likes get priority over others puts you at the top of her swipe stack.
Meaning she’ll see you sooner.
And sooner means more matches and more dates.
Platinum is worth it if you have a strong profile and want the most matches possible.
Tinder vs Facebook Dating, who wins?
The moment you’ve all been waiting for.
Or the moment you instantly scrolled to.
Tinder vs Facebook Dating…who wins?
- Tons of people and very active
- Diverse audience
- Quick account creation
- Casual expectation makes it good for hookups
- Also good for relationships
- Tinder Plus and Tinder Platinum have great premium features
- Superficial swiping (appearances are everything)
- Little to no screening options
- Completely free
- You can filter very specifically to the type of people you want to meet
- Very few people use it outside the big cities
- Longer account creation
- Not great for hookups
- You need a Facebook account to use it
- Slightly older users, 30+
So what’s the verdict?
Tinder hands down.
So many people use Tinder compared to Facebook Dating that you can match people anywhere.
You can use it successfully in almost any city across the world (not as good for rural areas, but no app is good in all rural areas).
Tinder also gets increasingly better when you use the paid versions, especially Platinum.
Build a profile she can’t resist matching with
If your profile is booty, it doesn’t matter if you’re using a dating app that’s filled with the most amazing women in the world.
Unless you look attractive, they won’t like your profile.
No worries. You don’t need to look like a model. Average is just fine.
What you need is a checklist that you can follow so that you’ll build an irresistible profile.
And what’s that lying around here? A checklist to create the most awesome dating profile that money can buy?
And don't forget your download below ;)