Both dating apps have their pros and cons. But which is better for you?
Here’s your Tinder vs. OkCupid 2023 review.In this article:More...
By the end of this article, you’ll know which dating app is better for you: Tinder or OkCupid.
What is Tinder?
Tinder is the most popular online dating app that lets you connect with users all across the globe.
If you have a handful of attractive photos, you can easily set up your profile and chat with cute strangers in a matter of minutes.
Here are the key features of Tinder:
- Choose who you see based on gender, age, and distance.
- See if you’re a fit based on their bio and mutual interests.
- Show you particularly like her by sending a Super Like. Free members only get one per day.
- Once you both like each other’s profile, it’s a match and you can send each other messages.
- Set your location anywhere in the world with Tinder Plus’ Passport function.
- Find out who likes you with Tinder Gold so you don’t need to swipe and hope.
- Get noticed more by becoming a Premium member.
Important: I know you're sometimes unsure what to text. So I've put together 10 Texts That Always Work. Copy-paste lines that instantly attract her and make her crave your attention. They work and they are free. Just a small gift to get you started. Enjoy! Click here to get them.
What is OkCupid?
OkCupid is one of the earliest online dating platforms and is known for its in depth questionnaire. By forcing users to share about themselves, the algorithm can more easily match you with likeminded people. Creating bigger odds for chemistry.
Answering a lot of questions means setting up your profile takes a bit longer when compared to Tinder.
- Check the compatibility rating to see how much you have in common with other users. It means you’re more likely to share the same interests, values, and views on life.
- Users are on average more prepared to put in effort and get to know you than dating apps that offer little more information than looks.
- You can’t see everything that you have in common until they like you back and it’s a match.
- You can increase attracting your type of person by carefully choosing which answers of the questionnaire you make public.
- See who likes you (Premium).
- View their answers before liking (Premium).
- Free super likes (Premium).
Imagine me watching over your shoulders and telling you exactly what to say to your dream girl.
How much easier would things be? Right now I'm almost done training our brand new AI-app with all my knowledge. And it will tell you exactly what your next reply should be.
You can get access FOR FREE if you join our pre-launch list NOW.
Who is it for?
Tinder is an appearance-driven app that works best for those looking for casual sex and non-exclusive dating. Although Tinder can definitely lead to relationships, the journey of getting there is generally a bit longer than apps that are more focused on a person’s character.
This also explains why Tinder is more popular for people under the age of 25.
OkCupid is for people who care about appearance but also about personality. Since the emphasis is more on character, people tend to look for something more long-term. .
After all, users who spend enough time to answer 14 to 50 questions aren’t likely looking for a one-and-done bedroom experience..
How do you make a profile on Tinder?
To create a Tinder profile, you have to follow these steps:
- Download Tinder on your smartphone – The app is available on Play Store and the App Store.
- Create an account – Tap the account creation button after opening the app.
- Verify your phone number – You can create your account via Facebook or your number.
- Connect a single-sign-in service – After you’ve verified your number, you can connect Tinder to your Google, Apple, or Facebook account for password-free sign-in.
- Add photos – If your Tinder account is connected to your Facebook one, it fetches your profile picture and allows you to import pics from Facebook.
- Add your bio – This is where you show your wit, intelligence, and fun-loving nature.
- Select your interests/passions – This option allows you to make up hobbies that will get you laid.
- Choose your preferences – You can set the age range and the location radius within which you would like to swipe.
- Begin swiping – Once you’ve taken the steps above, you can start swiping.
How do you make a profile on OkCupid
To create an OkCupid profile, you have to follow these steps:
- Visit the OkCupid website – You must visit www.OkCupid.com to sign-up for an account.
- Enter the required details or connect your Facebook account – Your date of birth, location (country and ZIP code), and email address are required.
- Click Next – This takes you to the next stage of the sign-up.
- Select your username and password – Make sure your username is unique, and your password is strong.
- Select your profile photo – This has to be your best photo.
- Add other photos to your profile – Add photos that show the best version of you.
- Add information to the about me section – Display your wit, charisma, and good nature here.
- Answer 15 questions for profile setup – You can skip questions in the “getting to know you” stage, but by answering as many questions as you can, you help OkCupid’s algorithm match you with people you’ll vibe with best.
How does it work?
Tinder shows you people based on your preferences in regards to location, gender, and age. . Then swipe right to show interest or swipe left to reject.
If they like you back, it’s a match and you can chat with each other.
With the paid version of Tinder, you can see who has liked you, and by liking them back, you guarantee a match.
OkCupid works similarly to Tinder, but stands out by giving you compatibility ratings based on your answers to the questions everyone has to fill in to create a profile. So personality plays a much larger role. But even on OkCupid, appearances can trump hobbies and interests.
Do you have to pay?
OkCupid and Tinder are free but have premium versions with added perks. The free version of these apps allows you to create a profile, get a limited number of options to show interest or disinterest in, and receive a match notification upon mutual interest.
The table below compares the free and paid features of OkCupid and Tinder.
|Create a profile
|Answer personality-specific questions
|Change swiping location
|Super-Like (send notification of interest)
|One free per day.
|One free per week.
|View likes before liking back
|Rewind rejected matches
|Message after matching
|Message before matching
|Free introductory message
|Swipe on Profiles
|Free 100 per day.
|50 to 100 per day.
Tinder vs. OkCupid, who wins?
Tinder’s pros and cons:
- Incredibly popular.
- Has people of all ethnicities, backgrounds, and sexualities.
- Easy to start and intuitive to use.
- Great for casual dating and decent for long-term relationships.
- Free is enough to get you fun matches.
- Tinder Plus’s Passport function is amazing if you like to travel.
- Paid memberships offer lots of useful features, depending on your needs.
- Allows you to upload short videos to your profile.
- Mainly aimed at young adults in their 20s.
- Lacklustre filtering options.
- No personality assessment.
- Lack of info about your matches make good conversation more difficult.
- You won’t really know who your match is until you meet up.
- More difficult to find someone looking to build a serious relationship.
OkCupid’s pros and cons:
- In-depth profile creation can lead to more meaningful connections.
- Personality-driven matching for better chemistry.
- Know your match before the date.
- Message people before matching
- Ideal for those seeking serious relationships.
- Not biased against midlife and post-midlife age groups.
- Too many hoops to jump through for casual dating.
- Geo-locked, limiting you to matches in your region.
- Some areas don’t have enough OkCupid users, making it useless for others.
- Most features are behind a paywall
It partly boils down to personal preference and location, but if you ask me, Tinder is the clear winner here.
- It’s popular in most areas in the Western world. OkCupid less so. Meaning you can more easily connect with the people you like.
- If you’re looking for something meaningful, it’s possible to filter out casual daters after matching by chatting, saving you precious time.
- Tinder gets incredibly good once you go for Platinum (I don’t even get paid to say this). You can read my Tinder platinum review here and find out why.
Create an irresistible dating profile
You can be on a dating app with nothing but beautiful women who’d love to meet you, but it’s all worthless if you have a crummy dating profile.
She can’t know you’re going to upgrade her life if your profile doesn’t show her, right?
So that’s what you need to work on first.
Don’t know where to start?
Let me help you. Grab my Profile Checklist and you’ll find out what you need to change to build an irresistible profile.
And while you’re at it, be sure to download my most powerful texting technique to get her hooked on you, The Personality Slice.
You can get it all by clicking the big gold button below.
And don't forget your download below ;)