Finding the best icebreaker for your first Tinder message can feel difficult. Especially if their profile is filled with selfies.
That’s why I’ve collected the best Tinder conversation starters that get quick and memorable responses.In this article:More...
Best ways to start a conversation on Tinder
You’ll start having the best conversations on Tinder after learning how to start them strong.
Until then, here are some of my favorite opening lines to start the conversation on Tinder.
- What’s the number one item on your bucket list?
- What pet peeves drive you insane?
- Mega serious question [NAME]…what are your top two favorite snacks?
- Sunday priorities: sleep, exercise, or aggressive mimosas?
- Which Disney princess are you most like? Or I can guess…
- I knew it! My horoscope told me I’d match with a cute girl who likes (something she’s into on her profile). My mercury is finally starting to rise.
- Book nerrrrrd! Me like. 🙂 What book is currently on your nightstand?
- Would you rather be married to a 10 with a bad personality or a 6 with an amazing personality? (Please say the latter so I have a chance).
- I don’t mean to show off, but my shoulder’s just the right size for your teeny head.
- What’s something that’s popular but really annoys you?
Important: Quickly letting you know I found the best opener EVER. Its psychologically irresistible to ignore. I made a video explaining how to use it and it's 'clickbait-principle' with screenshot examples. Check it out here.
Flirty ways to break the ice
Girls LOVE guys who know how to do this one thing.
And no, it’s not being able to speedily strap into your light-up velcro shoes.
Women love a guy who can flirt. So use these 15 flirty Tinder lines to start your convo off with a BANG!
- Yikes, what’s a gentlesir like me doing without your phone number. THE AUDACITY.
- [If she has a dog] – Dang, you’re mega cute. And your 2-legged owner isn’t bad either I guess.
- Do you like bagels? Because you’re bae goals. ✨
- I want you to know that I am 100% committed to this fiery Tinder relationship.
- Your photos make you seem really open and outgoing. But I bet that you also have moments where you’re a shy little nerd. 😉
- So, I guess this means we’re dating now?
- We definitely need to stop being strangers. I love house music, yoga retreats, and cherry ice cream (and hoping to add “flirting with you” to the list). Your turn.
- I don’t usually give away compliments so easily, but you have great taste in men.
- I’m reducing my screen time but wanna talk to you. Should I use a carrier pigeon or see you in person?
- I’d say you’re as beautiful as a Greek goddess, but from what I can remember from history class, they were all pretty crazy. Smite me.
- I mean…I guess I’d eat caramel sauce off you. But maybe we could start slow and flirt a bit first? Start with the basics? Like, what’s your favorite color?
- Roses are red, violets are blue, date me please, because I’m terrible at poetry.
- I love your sense of style! But I think you’d look better on me.
- So when are you going to ask me out? I’m feeling both spontaneous and a little in my princess era.
- [When she’s a horse girl] OK, bit of a zany question. And I apologize if it’s too much. But I need to know… when women ride horses, do their lady parts get stimulated?
The first text is only the beginning of your conversation. If you want her to be excited to date you, you need to keep up the flirty vibes.
To help you out, I wrote the next article. Check it out for my best advice on how to seduce a woman over text:
Imagine me watching over your shoulders and telling you exactly what to say to your dream girl.
How much easier would things be? Right now I'm almost done training our brand new AI-app with all my knowledge. And it will tell you exactly what your next reply should be.
You can get access FOR FREE if you join our pre-launch list NOW.
Funny openers for your Tinder chats
Funny Tinder conversation starters are a cheat code. They’re basically “UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT A B START” for dating.
By making her smile with your first message you instantly make yourself stand out from the rest. Now she’s interested in you and curious to see if you’re truly that different.
Here are some funny and original Tinder openers that get her instantly laughing at your charm.
- What old person habits do you have? Please please please say “telling you the same story 600 times always thinking it’s new.”
- Do you ever lie down at night, look up at the stars and think about all the messed-up things in the world? Like, why do we say ‘billding’ but write ‘building’?
- Jeeze, you look tastier than a croissant. *my internal monologue screaming IT’S PRONOUNCED CWASSONTT YOU DOPE.*
- I need a new show! Can’t keep watching Love Island. What are you binge-ing right now?
- My toxic trait is thinking I could EASILY eat all the food in a food challenge. What’s yours?
- ..f’ing…way. You like snowboarding too?!? We’re soulmates.
- I just want to let you know that I sleep with knee high socks on. I’m aware it’s a deal breaker for a lot of people.
- Mannnn I’m actually all out of really good pickup lines. 🙁But I do have this pickup lemon if that works? 🍋
- Do you sing in the shower? And more importantly, are you courageous enough to ADMIT that you pee in the shower?
- Tell me your Tinder experience in 1 GIF.
- I’m just here to love bomb you, m’lady. As my grandaddy used to say, BANZAAAAI . 💥
- Tell me what kinda guy you like. I’m trying to figure out who to pretend to be. #BeingYourselfIsForLosers.
- Dinner?! Coffee? Casually walk by each other and nod without saying anything? Which date would you prefer?
- Before we start, know that I have the best cozy hoody and sweater collection. And if any of them go missing, I’m calling the police, [name].
- Uh-oh, you have a little too much cute on your face. Here, I’ll help you wipe it off. *licks thumb and proceeds to wipe your face with spittle.*
And for even more lines check out these 5 tips to start a Tinder conversation smoothly.
Connection-building texts to initiate your Tinder conversation
Are you looking for something more than a Tinder hookup?
Then use a Tinder opener that’s both interesting and meaningful. If you do it right, you’ll easily transition into a smooth conversation. Not to mention build a connection that she’ll likely want to improve over a few drinks in real life.
- If you could do anything illegal, what would it be?
- What flavor of ice cream do you wish existed?
- If I could see your latest YouTube history, what would I see?
- I need to know…what’s something totally dorky or quirky about you?
- Which fictional character would you love to date?
- What 3 emojis represent you the best?
- What’s your most controversial opinion that you’re willing to share? 😉
- If someone came to you for advice, what would the topic be?
- Would you rather spend the rest of your life living in an RV or a sailboat as your home?
- How would your best friend describe you? If we all met at a party or something.
- What is your favorite quote right now?
- We’re starting off serious here [NAME]…how many times have you been in love?
- Choose a dream job: puppy photographer or pizza critic?
- Which of these story tropes is more important to you: enemies to lovers or forbidden love?
- What song are you blasting on repeat right now?
Remember, Tinder is a place for fun and laughs, so balance these deeper Tinder openers with some flirty and lighthearted conversation afterward.
Tinder conversation starters – Final tips
Here’s what you need to remember when starting any type of Tinder conversation.
Keep it unique and fun.
Tinder is a place where people come to escape their everyday lives and look for excitement. And with some luck, find someone amazing.
Since most guys are pretty dull, you can stand out from the crowd pretty easily.
All you need to do is give your Tinder matches something different from the competition. And girls will love you.
Where most guys have predictable chit-chat, you want to have unique conversations. Ask questions she hasn’t heard before, playfully push her away, tease her on her opinions, act like she’s falling for you, and share fun details about your life.
If you do this, you’ll get girls hooked on your texts. And more importantly, you’ll get them excited about meeting up with you.
Let me help you by giving you my best 10 texts that always work. Plus, my most powerful texting technique that women can’t resist.
Click the big shiny button below and give your Tinder matches the conversation they’re dying to have.
And don't forget your download below ;)